Love Notions Olympia: One Dress with many beautiful options
Love Notions has rereleased their Olympia dress pattern with expanded sizing. This is my favorite dress pattern of all time, knit or woven. It all started back in 1996/1997 in my senior year of college. I had this navy blue knit dress that I just adored.
This was my all time favorite dress. This is me at an Outstanding Senior Banquet in 1997 at Indiana State in Terre Haute, Indiana. Not the best pictures. But I dug through my old photos to find them, so, I am sharing.
This is me in the recreation of that favorite dress. The one I bought back then disintegrated in about a year. It wasn’t the highest quality. But I made this one in Raspberry Creek Fabrics solid navy ponte, so it will last a long time.
So, when Tami said she was testing this on a new block with expanded sizes, I was eager to volunteer. I tried something different and made my new dresses in double brushed poly. I made this one in solid black double brushed poly. Elise loves this fabric for leggings because Raspberry Creek Fabric’s solid double brushed poly is so thick. I thought solid black would be great for more formal occasions.
Also, I made the one with pockets. I didn’t on the other versions, because I was afraid they’d look lumpy. But they were really great.
The first two that I made had elbow sleeves. I am certainly an elbow sleeve gal. And I really do love the look of these.
I went with the 3/4th length sleeve on these new ones. I think that will be great for fall and winter. I prefer this sleeve length, because I seem to overheat at crowed social engagements.
I also went with the maxi dress on one of them. I’m not sure that this length is really me. I’m not sure where I would wear it. But the reality is that I have many more dress that I’ve made, then I’ll ever wear in my closet. And this was fun to make for sure. It also gave me an excuse to order this gorgeous White Linen Look Simple Floral Print Fabric from Raspberry Creek fabrics. Sadly, it was retired before the pattern released
I hope you enjoyed seeing my variety of Olympia dresses. They are on sale on Friday, August 26th for the best price of $5. But you can get them all weekend long discounted. You always get an extra 10% off pattern with my NICOLE10 coupon code and that’s in addition to sale pricing.
If you are reading this blog post Sunday or after, I have added a final Olympia dress that I made. Raspberry Creek Fabrics released this Ditsy Floral Print in double brushed poly and rib knit, while we were testing the Olympia dress. I can’t say no to a ditsy floral print. I made this one in long sleeves. I think this is going to be a great one that I can wear to work in the winter.
I’m going to leave you with my twirl reels from Instagram in case you want to see all sides of the Olympias that I’ve made.
- We love the Love Notions Margot Peplum
- Love Notions Olympia: One Dress with many beautiful options
- Pick Your Own Feature Friday with Love Notions
- Love Notions Tidal Tops in Raspberry Creek Fabrics Cotton Spandex Prints
- Love Notions Rhapsody with Raspberry Creek Fabrics Custom Prints
- Elise and Nicole’s Spring Wardrobe
- Raspberry Creek Fabrics Swim Tour 2022
- Love Notions Terra Tunic Update
- Love Notions Fraser Cardigan in Knit Fabrics
- Five Family Makes for the Love Notions New Year’s Sale
- Six New Makes for the Love Notions Sale
- Love Notions Arlington: The Perfect Fall Pattern
- Elise on Oliver + S Blog
- Raspberry Creek Fabrics Fall 2021 Collection
- Sewing for Distraction: Love Notions Sybil Skirt
- My Favorite Things: Raspberry Creek Fabrics
- Love Notions Game Day Jersey
- Fabrics for Love Notions Patterns
- Love Notions Boyfriend Cardigan: Sweater Knit vs. French Terry
- How to Add a Shelf Bra to a Raglan Rash Guard
- Designs by Call Ajaire Nini Noni Nightwear
- Designs by Call Ajaire Buzz Puffer Coat
- Love Notions Glissando
- Raspberry Creek Halloween Fabrics
- Raspberry Creek Fall Fabrics
- Olympia Pullover
- Changing Neckline to V-Neck
- Everyday Clothes Patterns for Pajamas