Changing Neckline to V-Neck
I purchased this bundle from So Sew English fabrics with olive colored ponte blush lilly floral to make Lexi Loungers. It also had this really beautiful blush knit gauze. I wanted a v-neck sleeveless top but love the silhouette of the Kourtney Knot Top. So, I decided to alter the neckline.
Made for Mermaids has some wonderful resources on their blog. I started there: https://www.madeformermaids.com/necklines101/ The image at the end of the post linked above shows more of a straight line to alter the neckline to a v-neck. So, I decided to look at a sample.
I knew the Tess top has a v-neck. I’m really not sure why I didn’t already own it, so I purchased it here to get an idea of what I wanted: https://www.madeformermaids.com/product/womenstess/
I didn’t trace the neckline, because I knew I wanted something between the low neckline and high neckline on the Tess top pattern. So, I took my french curve ruler and drew a new neckline. I made my end point somewhere between the low and high neckline and end the curve about a half inch before the shoulder.
When it came to making a neckband, I measured the neck hole and multiplied that measurement by 80% then I added 1″ for the 1/2″ seam allowance on each side to sew the ends of the neckband together. I referred, again, to the Tess top pattern on how to get my neckline to be in the v-neck style.
Besides that I followed the standard instructions in the pattern.
I am really happy with how it all turned out. This is a favorite pattern for my daughter and me, so I’m sure I will make many more.
- Love Notions Rhapsody with Raspberry Creek Fabrics Custom Prints
- Elise and Nicole’s Spring Wardrobe
- Raspberry Creek Fabrics Swim Tour 2022
- Love Notions Terra Tunic Update
- Love Notions Fraser Cardigan in Knit Fabrics
- Five Family Makes for the Love Notions New Year’s Sale
- Six New Makes for the Love Notions Sale
- Love Notions Arlington: The Perfect Fall Pattern
- Elise on Oliver + S Blog
- Raspberry Creek Fabrics Fall 2021 Collection
- Sewing for Distraction: Love Notions Sybil Skirt
- My Favorite Things: Raspberry Creek Fabrics
- Love Notions Game Day Jersey
- Fabrics for Love Notions Patterns
- Love Notions Boyfriend Cardigan: Sweater Knit vs. French Terry
- How to Add a Shelf Bra to a Raglan Rash Guard
- Designs by Call Ajaire Nini Noni Nightwear
- Designs by Call Ajaire Buzz Puffer Coat
- Love Notions Glissando
- Raspberry Creek Halloween Fabrics
- Raspberry Creek Fall Fabrics
- Olympia Pullover
- Changing Neckline to V-Neck
- Everyday Clothes Patterns for Pajamas