Everyday Clothes Patterns for Pajamas
It wasn’t long after I started sewing for my daughter, Elise, that she realized that I could make her really fun pajamas for school Pajama Day. That encouraged me to find clothing patterns that she wears that work well as pajamas, too.I began thinking of this topic, when I just made her these Made for Mermaids Women’s Lexi Loungers Shorts and Paige Piko Top as pajamas to match a panel that she picked out for her dad. I cut two backs and lowered the neckline for the front just a bit to get the entire panel to fit.
This spring, I used some of Elise’s favorite Made for Mermaids dress patterns to make her some nightgowns.
These two are Paige Piko Dresses:
The french fries are her absolute favorite Kourtney Knot Dress and the Mermaid Scales is a Mya Dress:
I used the Made for Mermaids Lexi and Lou Loungers pattern with their Ava Tunic to make this pajama set for Pajama Day at school.
This is a winter favorite – the Portlander Pants by New Horizons Designs. They have a great blog post on adjusting the fit that makes these pants a winner for both me and Elise. She is also wearing their Streamline Tee. It was extra fun to use my Silhouette Cameo to add the vinyl decal.
Here was an outfit made from some scraps in my stash for Halloween Pajama Day. The Tulipa Dolman by Sew Like My Mom was great for scraps and I made that with the Halla Lounge Pants.
Finally, here is a case of what is not desired with your fabric choice. Elise had loved this print in cotton Lycra, so I bought her some more the following year, but in her favorite double brushed poly. It is the beautiful Penelope Princess Seam Dress pattern by Made By Mermaids. But she ended feeling like she was wearing pajamas, so it didn’t get much wear.
- We love the Love Notions Margot Peplum
- Love Notions Olympia: One Dress with many beautiful options
- Pick Your Own Feature Friday with Love Notions
- Love Notions Tidal Tops in Raspberry Creek Fabrics Cotton Spandex Prints
- Love Notions Rhapsody with Raspberry Creek Fabrics Custom Prints
- Elise and Nicole’s Spring Wardrobe
- Raspberry Creek Fabrics Swim Tour 2022
- Love Notions Terra Tunic Update
- Love Notions Fraser Cardigan in Knit Fabrics
- Five Family Makes for the Love Notions New Year’s Sale
- Six New Makes for the Love Notions Sale
- Love Notions Arlington: The Perfect Fall Pattern
- Elise on Oliver + S Blog
- Raspberry Creek Fabrics Fall 2021 Collection
- Sewing for Distraction: Love Notions Sybil Skirt
- My Favorite Things: Raspberry Creek Fabrics
- Love Notions Game Day Jersey
- Fabrics for Love Notions Patterns
- Love Notions Boyfriend Cardigan: Sweater Knit vs. French Terry
- How to Add a Shelf Bra to a Raglan Rash Guard
- Designs by Call Ajaire Nini Noni Nightwear
- Designs by Call Ajaire Buzz Puffer Coat
- Love Notions Glissando
- Raspberry Creek Halloween Fabrics
- Raspberry Creek Fall Fabrics
- Olympia Pullover
- Changing Neckline to V-Neck
- Everyday Clothes Patterns for Pajamas