Elise and Nicole’s Spring Wardrobe
Featuring Love Notions Patterns and Raspberry Creek Fabrics
I knew the Love Notions 40% off sale was coming up this week. I also had a big stack of Raspberry Creek Fabrics waiting for me to sew up. And Elise in no way, shape, or form fit in any of her clothes from last year. So, I used this opportunity to sew all I could.
The first makes that I shared was with this great Multi Stripe Print Fabric that our friends at Raspberry Creek Fabrics sent us from their summer line. I intended it for me, but did not mind sharing with Elise a bit. Elise loves crop everything, so I cropped her favorite Arlington pattern. She is wearing it with her Luna Loungewear Tank that she requested a bazillion more of after the sale sewing. I realized that I wear more Classic Tees than anything else. So, if I have a print I like, that is what I make.
The next makes I shared were made so I could demonstrate my knit binding techniques. I’d love for you to view the YouTube video, if you would like. I received some really kind comments about my binding, so I made a video just to share how I did it.
I also have been really wanting to try to chop the Resolution Bottoms into shorts. I just used solid black stretch french terry like I used with all my other pairs that I love. This won’t be my last pair.
No one will be surprised to hear that Elise wanted a crop top. She specifically wanted me to use this Cactus Print Fabric rib knit. I used the La Bella Donna top pattern. She wanted a straight hem, but I convinced her to let me keep the curved hem. We both really loved the result.
I made this Fraser Cardigan several months ago from this Bright Spring Check in french terry. I have not worn it once since, because I didn’t have anything to match. So, I made these Duet Trousers in solid white ponte and ended up with some great options with my wardrobe.
I decided to make a Classic Tee with Arlington Puff Sleeves and a scoop neckline. I demonstrated how to make this on a Love Notions blog post on Swapping Sleeves, if you are interested in trying it. I just used solid white double brushed poly and loved it so much more than I anticipated.
I also thought these would go well with a color blocked Margot Peplum that I had planned to make.
I used a Diagonal Plaid Print Fabric and Simple Dot Floral Print Fabric from the same Bright Spring fabric collection as my Fraser cardigan above. I really love it with this top and will wear this outfit tons to work.
If you haven’t seen the video, many of the Love Notions Ambassadors and a couple Ambassadors-In-Training participated in a video that I made this color blocked Margot Peplum for.
She picked out this Daisy Print Fabric for the peplum and Abstract Geometrics Print Fabric a while back. She’s been asking me regularly, when I’ll make her this outfit. So, thrilled would not be an understatement about how she feels.
Thanks so much for stopping by and seeing our new wardrobe for Spring. The Love Notions patterns are on sale through Friday, May 6th for 40% off. You can get an additional 10% off of that with my NICOLE10 coupon code.
- Love Notions Rhapsody with Raspberry Creek Fabrics Custom Prints
- Elise and Nicole’s Spring Wardrobe
- Raspberry Creek Fabrics Swim Tour 2022
- Love Notions Terra Tunic Update
- Love Notions Fraser Cardigan in Knit Fabrics
- Five Family Makes for the Love Notions New Year’s Sale
- Six New Makes for the Love Notions Sale
- Love Notions Arlington: The Perfect Fall Pattern
- Elise on Oliver + S Blog
- Raspberry Creek Fabrics Fall 2021 Collection
- Sewing for Distraction: Love Notions Sybil Skirt
- My Favorite Things: Raspberry Creek Fabrics
- Love Notions Game Day Jersey
- Fabrics for Love Notions Patterns
- Love Notions Boyfriend Cardigan: Sweater Knit vs. French Terry
- How to Add a Shelf Bra to a Raglan Rash Guard
- Designs by Call Ajaire Nini Noni Nightwear
- Designs by Call Ajaire Buzz Puffer Coat
- Love Notions Glissando
- Raspberry Creek Halloween Fabrics
- Raspberry Creek Fall Fabrics
- Olympia Pullover
- Changing Neckline to V-Neck
- Everyday Clothes Patterns for Pajamas