Love Notions Rhapsody with Raspberry Creek Fabrics Custom Prints
I am really in love with this print Kim Henrie did for Raspberry Creek Fabrics swim fabric collection. I thought it would make a great Rhapsody Dress, so I asked if it could be printed on rayon challis instead of swim. I was so excited it was an option, and then ecstatic to be gifted this fabric from my friends at Raspberry Creek Fabrics. If you like the dress pattern I’ve used and you are reading this on Friday, May 19th, it’s just $5 today only and an extra 10% off if you use my coupon code NICOLE10
I wasn’t sure the process for custom printing with Raspberry Creek Fabrics. They have a form where you can upload your own image, which Elise is working toward doing. She has been drawing and got a new Apple pencil to use with her iPad at Easter. You can also select a print from the design library. I wanted to use a current swim print, so I just emailed that shop at email@example.com. This is always an option. Don’t let confusion with the process deter you from the fun, just email the shop.
I knew that I wanted to use the multi stripe print for the bias binding. I used the Treasurie YouTube video instructions. It is all text and no spoken words, so it’s perfect if you are deaf or Hard of Hearing like me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrJhNlJVLo8
But it was so beautiful when it arrived, that I decided to use it on a contrasting yoke. I couldn’t find many examples of the sewn pattern where the yoke contrasted, so I was not sure of the result. I am very happy with the outcome.
If you are thinking about getting the Rhapsody Blouse and Dress pattern while it’s on sale today or anytime, it is probably my favorite. It definitely can be time-consuming, because of all the details, especially if you make your own bias tape. But it is so worth it. Not that it’s something we focus on, but if you use good quality fabric, this is a blouse/dress that looks like it was purchased at a fine boutique.
I also just have to brag a little on the backdrop for my photos. This is a park that is a short walk from our community. Elise and I rode our bikes here nearly everyday on my lunch break during the pandemic. I feel so blessed to have this park and also West Park very close to our home.
Thanks for stopping in to learn a bit about the fun and easy custom printing process at Raspberry Creek Fabrics and also one of my favorite Love Notions patterns, Rhapsody Blouse and Dress.
If you are on Instagram, I’d love to connect with you. You can find me at https://www.instagram.com/sewhardofhearing/. If you prefer, Facebook, please send me a request at https://www.facebook.com/niczorek/. I mostly post about sewing and Elise. But I’d love to learn more about you! Making new sewing friends is my favorite part of sewing and fabric collecting.
- Pick Your Own Feature Friday with Love Notions
- Love Notions Tidal Tops in Raspberry Creek Fabrics Cotton Spandex Prints
- Love Notions Rhapsody with Raspberry Creek Fabrics Custom Prints
- Elise and Nicole’s Spring Wardrobe
- Raspberry Creek Fabrics Swim Tour 2022
- Love Notions Terra Tunic Update
- Love Notions Fraser Cardigan in Knit Fabrics
- Five Family Makes for the Love Notions New Year’s Sale
- Six New Makes for the Love Notions Sale
- Love Notions Arlington: The Perfect Fall Pattern
- Elise on Oliver + S Blog
- Raspberry Creek Fabrics Fall 2021 Collection
- Sewing for Distraction: Love Notions Sybil Skirt
- My Favorite Things: Raspberry Creek Fabrics
- Love Notions Game Day Jersey
- Fabrics for Love Notions Patterns
- Love Notions Boyfriend Cardigan: Sweater Knit vs. French Terry
- How to Add a Shelf Bra to a Raglan Rash Guard
- Designs by Call Ajaire Nini Noni Nightwear
- Designs by Call Ajaire Buzz Puffer Coat
- Love Notions Glissando
- Raspberry Creek Halloween Fabrics
- Raspberry Creek Fall Fabrics
- Olympia Pullover
- Changing Neckline to V-Neck
- Everyday Clothes Patterns for Pajamas