We love the Love Notions Margot Peplum
So the Love Notions Ambassadors were offered their favorite pattern to giveaway during the October sale. As you might imagine, this was a difficult task for me. So, I gave Tessa a list of all my makes for the sale and her pick. This was perfect for us, because I love the Margot Peplum, but Elise really, really loves it.
Well, I already had this Raspberry Creek Fabrics British Christmas floral from their new Holiday Collection waiting to be sewn into a Margot Peplum with an Arlington mock neck. But I knew Elise would be really left out.
So, I emailed my friends at Raspberry Creek Fabrics and asked it they’d please send Elise some of the Pine Bough Garland Polka Dot print, before it was available for sale. When it arrived, she was elated. If you like the prints, they are $1 off through today (Wednesday, October 5th).
I sewed up this little hack myself and let her see. I knew she’d want a mash of her favorite patterns. All I did was trace the Arlington neckline onto my Margot Peplum pattern. The only issue was the shoulder width. I found it worked best to change the neckline to be closer to the Margot and then just measure a new length for the mock neckband.
But this isn’t the first time we have hacked the Margot Peplum pattern. We stole this hack right from the innovative Tessa Bunch Heiser herself. This is the easiest hack in the world. You just swap out the Margot Peplum with the Sybil Swing skirt (without the waist band).
It was so nice that I made it twice
Sometimes I have been known to get a little exuberant when Raspberry Creek Fabrics releases a new collection and I order the wrong fabric type. When the french terry came, Elise declared that it would be extra cozy! And she was right.
Cotton spandex works great, too. Elise chose this print last year from the Raspberry Creek Fabrics Holiday collection. It was so wonderful, that I had to make myself one, too.
I made us these for the last sale in May. These are both cotton spandex, too.
This is my favorite Margot Peplum. This was a few years ago for the release of the Raspberry Creek Fabrics Holiday Collection. I had coincidentally made a Glissando Skirt that coordinated perfectly.
Now for the sale information! The Love Notions patterns are 40% off through Friday, October 7th. You can get a total 50% off, if you use my NICOLE10 coupon. Today (Wednesday, October 4th), you can get a chance to win a pattern and chance to win a serger courtesy of Love Notions. And I’m providing the winner a $35 gift card to my favorite fabric store, Raspberry Creek Fabrics. You can enter by commenting on today’s Instagram post . Or if you don’t do Instagram, friend me on Facebook, where I’ll also have a post, today.
- We love the Love Notions Margot Peplum
- Love Notions Olympia: One Dress with many beautiful options
- Pick Your Own Feature Friday with Love Notions
- Love Notions Tidal Tops in Raspberry Creek Fabrics Cotton Spandex Prints
- Love Notions Rhapsody with Raspberry Creek Fabrics Custom Prints
- Elise and Nicole’s Spring Wardrobe
- Raspberry Creek Fabrics Swim Tour 2022
- Love Notions Terra Tunic Update
- Love Notions Fraser Cardigan in Knit Fabrics
- Five Family Makes for the Love Notions New Year’s Sale
- Six New Makes for the Love Notions Sale
- Love Notions Arlington: The Perfect Fall Pattern
- Elise on Oliver + S Blog
- Raspberry Creek Fabrics Fall 2021 Collection
- Sewing for Distraction: Love Notions Sybil Skirt
- My Favorite Things: Raspberry Creek Fabrics
- Love Notions Game Day Jersey
- Fabrics for Love Notions Patterns
- Love Notions Boyfriend Cardigan: Sweater Knit vs. French Terry
- How to Add a Shelf Bra to a Raglan Rash Guard
- Designs by Call Ajaire Nini Noni Nightwear
- Designs by Call Ajaire Buzz Puffer Coat
- Love Notions Glissando
- Raspberry Creek Halloween Fabrics
- Raspberry Creek Fall Fabrics
- Olympia Pullover
- Changing Neckline to V-Neck
- Everyday Clothes Patterns for Pajamas